Daily Dose of the Dub: Raiders eliminated from Memorial Cup, Oil Kings sign Reimer, Broncos sign Lewis

Home Forums Articles Daily Dose of the Dub: Raiders eliminated from Memorial Cup, Oil Kings sign Reimer, Broncos sign Lewis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jrbarrows 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ben Dooley
    Participant

The Prince Albert Raiders saw their season come to an end with a 5-2 loss against the OHL Champion Guelph Storm.

[See the full post at: Daily Dose of the Dub: Raiders eliminated from Memorial Cup, Oil Kings sign Reimer, Broncos sign Lewis]

jrbarrows
    Participant

I watched all of the Raiders Mem Cup games. What stood out to me: 1. horrible goaltending. Ian Scott looked drugged. 2. Horrible power play. No puck movement, indecisive, sloppy. In the last 4 years 3 Eastern Division teams were completely skunked. the other year a western conf team was skunked. It’s been 5 years since WHL has even won a game. Possible conclusions: 1. WHL is in big trouble and/or Eastern Div/Conf is so non-competitive that’s it’s too easy to win a championship. Is Western North America not producing good enough talent to compete with East? Is the playoff format creating mediocre results? I am a Hawks fan (full disclosure) but I honestly believe that Portland this year, with a full half of its team rookies, could have done better in the Mem Cup. And the Raiders’ coach after each game looked so glum and passive no wonder his team wasn’t up for the games. Wow! I hope there is some non-political discussion going on among the coaches and general managers in the WHL … and getting advice from NHL leaders as to what they see as the problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.