DUBNetwork Feature Game of the Night: Winterhawks @ Americans 7:05 PM PST
In an all US division matchup, the Portland Winterhawks will face off against the Tri-City Americans, two teams who are fighting their way trying to get up in the standings. Portland sits second place in the US division, only seven points back of the Everett Silvertips. The Tri-City Americans on the other hand are trying to force the Spokane Chiefs into a Wild Card position.
The Portland Winterhawks (32-14-3-2) are on some kind of roll, even pushing through without their star player Cody Glass. The recent help goaltending wise has been a big help for sure, St. Louis Blues draft pick Joel Hofer has stood the test of time to this point, earning five victories in seven appearances thus far. The Winterhawks have yet to face any kind of rough stretch over the season, seemingly most teams have had that kind of a thing already, much like Everett is going through right now. The Hawks are 7-3-0-0 in their last ten games, and only one loss in their last five games.
The Tri-City Americans (26-19-2-1) are writing a similar tale, stuck cemented in that first Wild Card spot, the Ams have crept up on the Spokane Chiefs in the standings. The Americans have also not been strangers to competing with the top teams of the league. The Americans are just 5-4-1-0, but wherever they finish the season, they’re sure to be a threat come post season time. With Beck Warm stopping most of everything coming his way, and some newfound talent in Sasha Mutula coming into his own on the front end, they really should be considered a legitimate contender.
Who to watch:
- Cross Hanas (POR) 7G, 11A- Fresh off his first three point game of his career, Hands is just one of many potential weapons at Portland’s disposal.
- Parker AuCoin (TC) 26G, 25A- The over-ager has already set a new career high in points in a single season, he continues to consistently rack up the offense.
Expected net minders:
- Joel Hofer (POR) 3.785 GAA, .906 SV%- Hofer is coming off a bit of a rough series, allowing 11 goals in his last two starts.
- Beck Warm (TC) 2.828 GAA, .916 SV%- Coming off a stellar win in Victoria where he allowed one goal on 34 shots, Warm has only allowed six goals in his last three games.
Other Games on tap:
Saskatoon Blades (30-13-8-0) @ Brandon Wheat Kings (22-20-3-4)
- Saskatoon leads the season series 2-1 coming into tonight’s contest. Both teams trying to rebound after losses in their last efforts.
Regina Pats (13-35-1-2) @ Lethbridge Hurricanes (27-15-4-4)
- After making big splashes in the trade market, the ‘Canes are not playing like expected only posting a 5-5-0-0 record in their last ten.
Vancouver Giants (33-13-2-1) @ Prince George Cougars (16-29-3-2)
- Vancouver and Prince George are set to play meeting number two of four between the teams over a series of just seven days.
Seattle Thunderbirds (19-24-5-1) @ Victoria Royals (25-20-1-2)
- Although sitting in second place in the BC Division, Victoria is looking to turn it around only 3-5-0-2 in their last ten games.