Thank you Hurricanes fans

For the last two WHL season, I have had the privilege and honour to have been given an opportunity to cover and write about the Lethbridge Hurricanes. First, as just a fan, giving my thoughts and opinions on the team, and then has a full-time beat writer this past season. It has been a pleasure to bring Hurricanes fans articles, game reviews, and other features from around the team. The time I was given to dip my toes into the sports writing world will also be a special time. I am truly thankful to Paul Figler and Brandon Rivers for the chance and their mentorship.

To the fans, thank you to everyone who read, commented, and shared my posts. Without the readers, there was no site.

To Erica Perreaux, thank you for the endless photos and for allowing me to use them in my articles.

Finally to the Hurricanes organization, thank you for the access that allowed me to interview and write. Thank you to Coach Brent Kisio and his staff for always giving us the time of day and to the countless players for their time post-game.

It’s a different world right now and times are tough. The decision by the management of DUBNetwork is a difficult one and it was hard to hear. It simply put, sucks and is unfortunate. I will continue to support junior hockey and will continue to pursue my hockey writing and look forward to the day that our paths may cross again.

Thank you DUBNetwork and thank you, readers,

John Easthope