2018-19 20 year olds

Home Forums BC Division 2018-19 20 year olds

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Glen Erickson 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Paul Figler
    Keymaster

Now that the trade deadline has passed who have you got in the line-up as a 20-year-old for your team next year?

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Kamloops will have Jermaine Loewen, Quinn Benjafield, Luc Smith and Dylan Ferguson. Ferguson is likely going pro so will not be back. The first three are probably going to be the ones. Would be nice to have an older D-man but I like those three. All have good character, they bring size and skill. Our young team will need those leaders.

Jesse Phillips
    Keymaster

Kamloops will have Jermaine Loewen, Quinn Benjafield, Luc Smith and Dylan Ferguson. Ferguson is likely going pro so will not be back. The first three are probably going to be the ones. Would be nice to have an older D-man but I like those three. All have good character, they bring size and skill. Our young team will need those leaders.

If loewen could ever gain some consistency he would be the best power forward in the league. Could be scary if he was to get into a playoff series and take it over.

Mike Trafford

ugh… Benjafield taking an OA spot makes me wanna barf.

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Ya, just about as inconsistent as you get. He played well last night but unfortunately… who knows who will show up next game. Actually all three of those guys could be dominant players in the league if they can just get their sh$t together and bring their A game night after night.

joshh16
    Participant

Loewen and Smith as 20’s I am more then happy with. Ferguson getting sent back would be awesome, and I could see it as well, honestly, I think he hasn’t been great this year, and you can’t say he’s “beat” the league like you could with Ingram and a lot of other drafted & signed guys.

But sheesh if Benjafield comes back again, Shirley was bad enough, but I really don’t want to go through another year with the discount version. Not to mention all 20’s being forwards would be a bit odd.

Ryan Sinclair
    Participant

Pure guessing – Outhouse, Phillips, Kaspick for Victoria

Gone- Hannoun, Zablocki, Jarratt, Freadrich, Gregor, De Wit, Buziak

Will be interesting

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Kaspick is signed by St Louis. You don’t think he will be playing in the AHL next year? That would be unusual.

Ryan Sinclair
    Participant

Phillips is signed by the Flames also. Its a big jump to the pros, I can see them both in the dub next year.

Alan Caldwell

I don’t think either of them will be back, Phillips in particular. Phillips is a career 1.25 PPG player and is putting up 1.5 points a game this year. It’s fair to say that Phillips has very little left to prove in the WHL and his career would be better advanced by being challenged against men. His size means his future as an NHLer will depend on his ability to score at the pro level because he isn’t going to be anyone’s checking line center. So the Flames likely want to get him into the AHL next year and see if he can produce points against 30 year olds.

Ryan Sinclair
    Participant

I hope you are correct. That would be great for Phillips.

sandman66
    Participant

Raiders currently have 4 19’s on their roster.
    Montgomery- prob be back, zero chance of going pro IMO. Needs to take another step to be worthy of a spot.
    Budik – Euro that will probably not be back
    Meger- It’s time for Scott to be undisputed No1, plus we need to get a younger back-up to develop.
    Macdonald- If he isn’t back after picking up from PG it was a blown trade. Not drafted so chances are good.

I am guessing we will start the season with Monty and Macdonald on the roster, will look to add a third.

Glen Erickson
    Participant

Kelowna 19’s this year are:

Dube, Lind, Cal Foote, who will all play pro IMO.

Salmond, Chizen…maybe Chizen as a 20?

Ryan Bowen, who is playing in Chilliwack, could be a 20 next season.

Obviously, the Rockets will be hunting for 20’s.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Glen Erickson.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.