WHL announces pre-season schedule
Let the games begin! The puck drops on the 2019 WHL pre-season Tuesday, August 27!
— The WHL (@TheWHL) June 12, 2019
With the Memorial Cup and WHL Playoffs comfortably in the rearview mirror, attention has now turned to the 2019-20 season with the WHL officially releasing the pre-season schedule on Wednesday. The action kicks off on August 27th and concludes on September 15th. The schedule features a total of 60 games including tournaments hosted by the Everett Silvertips, Regina Pats, Tri-City Americans and Vancouver Giants. The schedule also includes games hosted by non-WHL markets Dawson Creek B.C., Irvine, Alberta, Taber, Alberta, Warman, Saskatchewan, and Portage, Manitoba.
WHL concludes 2019 Annual General Meeting
The WHL concluded its 2019 Annual General Meeting today in Kelowna.
— The WHL (@TheWHL) June 13, 2019
The WHL also concluded its 2019 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday. Items discussed include the aforementioned pre-season schedule, the 25th anniversary of the WHL Scholarship Program, the 2020 Memorial Cup, the WHL’s return to Winnipeg and much more.
Raiders list Devin Jameson
Very excited about getting listed by this amazing organization. Can’t wait for camp! pic.twitter.com/G6eaD6VuDC
— Devin Jameson (@devjam10) June 11, 2019
The Prince Albert Raiders have added 2004-born forward Devin Jameson to their 50-man protected list. Jameson played the 2018-19 season with the Thomson Blazers of the BCMML but there are only limited stats available. In three games, Jameson had one assist.
St. Louis Blues win NHL’s Stanley Cup
— St. Louis Blues 🏆 (@StLouisBlues) June 13, 2019
The St. Louis Blues are the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions after defeating the Boston Bruins in seven games. The Blues organization features nine WHL alumni:
- Forward Brayden Schenn (224 GP, 116 G, 199 A with the Brandon Wheat Kings and Saskatoon Blades)
- Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester (194 GP, 40 G, 111 A with the Medicine Hat Tigers)
- Defenseman Joel Edmundson (190 GP, 15 G, 53 A with the Moose Jaw Warriors and Kamloops Blazers)
- Interim head coach Craig Berube (210 GP, 67 G 94 A with the Kamloops Junior Oilers/Blazers, New Westminster Bruins and Medicine Hat Tigers)
- Senior Advisor to the General Manager Al MacInnis (2 GP, 0 G, 0 A with the Regina Pats)
- Director of Player Personnel Rob DiMaio (240 GP, 104 G, 124 A with the Kamloops Blazers and Medicine Hat Tigers)
- Development Coach Glen Wesley (206 GP, 49 G, 177 A with the Portland Winterhawks)
- Amateur Scout Tony Feltrin (161 GP, 12 G, 61 A with the Victoria Cougars)
- Amateur Scout Jesse Wallin (215 GP, 16 G 74 A with the Red Deer Rebels, eight seasons with the Rebels in either an assistant coach, Head Coach or GM Role).
DUBNetwork wishes to congratulate these alumni, as well as the rest of the St. Louis Blues organization on their Stanley Cup victory.
White commits to Carleton Ravens
Been hearing rumours for awhile, but can confirm Jaeger White of the Kootenay Ice has committed to the Carleton Ravens for '19-20.
After dealing with major injury issues, White had a solid 28 goal '18-19 campaign. Have to think he's another good boost to Carleton's offence.
— Victor Findlay (@Finder_24) June 12, 2019
Graduating WHL Forward Jaeger White has committed to the Carleton Ravens for the 2019-20 season. In 219 games with the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Everett Silvertips, Brandon Wheat Kings, Medicine Hat Tigers, and Kootenay ICE, White registered 43 goals and 63 assists.