Winterhawks officially named Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy Winners
The @pdxwinterhawks are the recipient of the Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy as 2019-20 WHL Regular Season Champions!
— The WHL (@TheWHL) March 20, 2020
The Portland Winterhawks have officially been awarded the Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy as the WHL Regular Season champions. They finished the season with a 45-11-3-4 record, just one point more than the Everett Silvertips.
No New WHL Radio Show
There will be no new @TheWHL Radio Show this week. We will get the show back on the rails when we are back into action. The WHL has big plans for content though, so looking forward to seeing that in the coming weeks.
— Jon Keen (@JonKeenNLSports) March 20, 2020
Jon Keen says the league has put The WHL Radio Show on hold until the resumption of the season.
CHL releases year-end rankings
#KiaCHLTop10 Final Rankings:
Following the cancellation of all remaining regular season games @PhoenixSherbroo officially end 2019-20 at number one ☝️
1-SHE, 2-OTT, 3-MON, 4-POR, 5-EVT, 6-LDN, 7-CHI, 8-EDM, 9-SAG, 10-SPO.
Honours: KIT, KAM, CAP pic.twitter.com/6rmV4xbWi0
— CanadianHockeyLeague (@CHLHockey) March 20, 2020
The CHL released its year-end rankings of the top 10 major junior teams across Canada. Portland edges out Everett for fourth spot, The Edmonton Oil Kings finished in eighth spot and the Spokane Chiefs round out the rankings in 10th. Kamloops was also able to secure an honorable mention.
Silvertips hand out team awards
March 1 W vs. Portland is our winner.
Coming up after tonight's Team Awards Show! https://t.co/iXAndHSQVj
— Everett Silvertips (@WHLsilvertips) March 21, 2020
The Everett Silvertips announced their end of season awards.
- Cole Fonstad and Dustin Wolf were named CO-MVPS
- Bryce Kindopp was the leading scorer
- Michal Gut is the Rookie of the Year
- Gage Goncalves is the most improved
- Olen Zellweger is the Scholastic has the player
- Ronan Seeley and Bryce Kindopp are the hardest workers.
Pats hand out team awards
Regina Pats Announce 2019/20 Individual Award Winners!!
— Regina Pats (@WHLPats) March 21, 2020
- Robbie Holmes is the top player
- Ryker Evans is the top defenseman
- Nikita Sedov is the unsung hero
- Drew Englot is the Rookie of the Year
- Zach Wytinck is the Most Sportsmanlike
- Mike Kartusch Community Service Award went to Kyle Walker
- Bille Hicke Most Popular Player went to Robbie Holmes
- Scholastic Player of the Year was awarded to Jakob Brook
- Torchey Schell Top Scorer Award went to Austin Pratt
- 3 Star Award was awarded to Robbie Holmes
Broncos hand out team awards
NEWS: The Broncos have announced their 2019-20 team awards. Congratulations to all the winners!
— Swift Current Broncos (@SCBroncos) March 20, 2020
The Swift Current Broncos handed out their 2019-20 season awards on Friday
- Most Improved: Sam McGinley
- Chairman of The Boards: Jaxan Kaluski
- Desire and Sportsmanship: Hayden Ostir
- King of the Road: Jaxan Kaluski
- Fan’s Most Popular: Sergei Alkhimov
- Most Popular: Isaac Poulter
- Top Defenceman: Alex Moar
- Most Sportsmanlike: Raphael Pelletier
- Scholastic Achievement: Hendrik De Klerk
- Coaches Award: Isaac Poulter
- Humanitarian of the Year: Isaac Poulter
- Top Scorer: D-Jay Jerome
- Rookie of the Year: Hendrik De Klerk
- Leadership and Maturity: Jaxan Kaluski
- Team MVP: Isaac Poulter
Kamloops Blazers release ticket policy for canceled games
— Kamloops Blazers (@blazerhockey) March 20, 2020
The Kamloops Blazers announced their ticket policy for canceled games this season.
Kirsch signs new two-year deal with Heilbronner Falken
Justin Kirsch (Calgary, Moose Jaw, 2009-2013) signed a two-year contract with Heilbronner Falken (Germany, DEL2). This season with Kassel Huskies (Germany, DEL2) 50 GP, 18+27. Kirsch played three seasons for Heilbronn before playing last season in Kassel.
— MacBeth Report (@MacBethReport) March 20, 2020
Justin Kirsch (110 GP, 8 G, 9 A with the Calgary Hitmen and Moose Jaw Warriors from 2009-13) has signed with Heilbronner Falken in Germany. Last season he had 18 goals and 27 assists in 50 games with Kassel Huskies in Germany,
ACAC named All-Conference Teams
Presenting the 2019-20 ACAC Men’s Hockey All-Conference Teams https://t.co/AzuteR2TOd
— ACAC (@ACAC_Sport) March 20, 2020
The Alberta Colleges Athletic Commission has named the All-Conference Teams for the 2019-20 season which feature a number of WHL alumni:
- Jordan Papirny (205 GP, 2.93 GAA, 0.907 Save Percentage 60-13-9 record with the Brandon Wheat Kings and Swift Current Broncos from 2012-17.)
- Colton Waltz (272 GP, 15 G, 74 A with the Brandon Wheat Kings and Saskatoon Blades from 2010-16).
- Cameron Reagan (117 GP, 10 A with the Kamloops Blazers and Prince Albert Raiders from 2013-17).
- Jake Mykitiuk (166 GP, 11 G, 18 A with the Prince George Cougars and Everett Silvertips from 2011-2015.)
- Jared Legien (148 GP, 28 G, 34 A with the Kootenay ICE, Regina Pats, Victoria Royals and Vancouver Giants from 2014-19.)
- Colton McCarthy (110 GP, 8 G, 9 A with the Moose Jaw Warriors, and Prince Albert Raiders from 2012-15.)