WHL presence at CWG
Day 1: Manitoba defeated BC by a score of 4-2, Saskatchewan got by Alberta in overtime 4-3, Northwest Territories lost to Newfoundland & Labrador 5-3 and Yukon lost to Prince Edward Island 3-2.
- Spokane Chiefs first rounder Graham Sward led the way for BC with a goal and an assist.
- Kamloops Blazers third rounder Caeden Bankier had an assist.
- Brandon Wheat Kings first rounder Jake Chiasson had an assist.
- Edmonton Oil Kings second rounder Kobe Verbicky had an assist.
- Swift Current Broncos third rounder Finlay Williams had an assist.
- Portland Winterhawks fourth rounder Dawson Pasternak had the game winner and an assist.
- Kootenay ICE second rounder Skyler Bruce had a goal.
- Seattle Thunderbirds second rounder Conner Roulette had an assist.
- Vancouver Giants third rounder Justin Lies had the empty netter to put the game out of reach.
- Prince Albert Raiders first rounder Nolan Allan had two goals, including the overtime winner, and added an assist.
- Kootenay ICE second rounder Karter Prosofsky had a goal and two assists.
- Prince Albert Raiders sixth rounder Logan Linklater had a goal.
- Medicine Hat Tigers first rounder Cole Sillinger had an assist.
- Medicine Hat Tigers fourth rounder Ashton Ferster had an assist.
- Moose Jaw sixth rounder Kirk Mullen had an assist.
- Kamloops Blazers second rounder Logan Bairos had an assist.
- Spokane Chiefs third rounder Blake Swetlikoff had an assist.
- Seattle Thunderbirds first rounder Kai Uchacz had a goal and an assist.
- Lethbridge Hurricanes first rounder Zack Stringer had a goal and an assist.
- Tri-City Americans first rounder Marc Lajoie had two assists.
- Red Deer Rebels first rounder Kyle Masters had an assist.
- 2018 first overall pick and Oil Kings prospect Dylan Guenther had a goal.
- Swift Current Broncos signed prospect Sam Schofield had goal and an assist.
Two hit milestones
Last night Eric Florchuk scored his 100th career @TheWHL point.
— Saskatoon Blades (@BladesHockey) February 16, 2019
Saskatoon Blades forward Eric Florchuk in an 8-3 win over Kootenay on Friday night. The seventh rounder of the Washington Capitals has posted 43 points (20G, 23A) in 58 games this season and now has 102 points (39G, 63A) in 180 WHL games with Victoria and Saskatoon.
— The WHL (@TheWHL) February 17, 2019
Tri-City Americans forward Kyle Olson recorded the first hat trick of his WHL career in a 7-5 win over Spokane. The Anaheim Ducks fourth rounder has 58 points (19G, 39A) in 50 games this season.
Three Stars of the Night
1st Star: Brandon’s Luka Burzan had a goal and four assists in a 6-3 win over Prince Albert.
2nd Star: Brandon’s Stelio Mattheos scored a hat trick and had an assist in their win over the Raiders.
3rd Star: Seattle’s Roddy Ross stopped 46 of 47 shots in a 4-1 win over Everett.
Moose Jaw’s Brayden Tracey had a goal and two assists in a 6-3 win over Regina….Saskatoon’s Kirby Dach had a goal and assist in a 5-2 win over Lethbridge….Calgary’s Mark Kastelic recorded a hat trick in a 5-3 win over Medicine Hat….Vancouver’s David Tendeck stopped all 22 shots he faced in a 2-0 win over Kelowna….Portland’s Joel Hofer stopped 25 shots for his third shutout of the season in a 2-0 win over Red Deer….Victoria’s Kody McDonald had a two goals and the shootout winner in a 5-4 win over Prince George….Tri-City’s Kyle Olson had a hat trick and an assist in a 7-5 win over Spokane….