A WHL World Gone Mad

Home Forums WHL Talk A WHL World Gone Mad

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jesse Phillips 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Is he referring to the prices this deadline??

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Barlage, Flodell, Stanley, 1st, 3rd conditional 2nd for Nagel, Estephan and Skinner! WOW!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Kamsurvey.

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Whoops, missed Blocker as well. That is a huge trade. Going to pull up a chair and watch the giants in the east beat up on each other the rest of the way!!

Stranksy4MVP
    Participant

Still trying to figure out how big of an upgrade Skinner is to Flodell. I mean they also picked up some other depth and offensive punch but Flodell is very solid.

Crap. that’s a massive deal. OHL like.

Ryan Sinclair
    Participant

Portland, Kelowna, MJ all fairly quiet. Wondering if that is the smarter play…

Kamsurvey
    Participant

It is definitely the smarter play. Who can afford to jump in those waters? If those teams make deals they are likely to be smaller deals to ensure making playoffs or ensure getting to another round. I think we have seen all of the “all in” moves (unless one of those 3-4 teams plan on adding more…)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Kamsurvey.

It is definitely the smarter play. Who can afford to jump in those waters? If those teams make deals they are likely to be smaller deals to ensure making playoffs or ensure getting to another round. I think we have seen all of the “all in” moves (unless one of those 3-4 teams plan on adding more…)

Makes me wonder where Cholowski will land, or if it’s too late.

Kamsurvey
    Participant

Maybe Moose Jaw? Regina has pretty much taken care of their defense. Those three key pieces are going to eat a lot of ice time. Don’t think swift Current has much more to give. Moose Jaw still has picks and some decent young guys, so they could probably get the deal done.

Calripken8
    Participant

This trade deadline though not as crazy yet, is beginning to look like the late eighties early to mid nineties and very similar though not as wild as the OHL/QMJHL have always been.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Calripken8.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Calripken8.

Glen Erickson
    Participant

So much happening. I haven’t seen too many people mention “chemistry” amid all of the deals. Sure, the teams all hope for the best with the additions.

Scout
    Participant

To make room for Estephan we had to free up a 20 year old spot. The other two 20’s we have are Scissons our rock on D and Gennaro who we got from Calgary in November who is almost 2 points a game since he came over. Flodell was the odd man out. That’s why Skinner who is a 19 year old with 24 play off games under his belt was part of the deal. With the defence we have now his stats will improve.

Scout

Mike Trafford

So much happening. I haven’t seen too many people mention “chemistry” amid all of the deals. Sure, the teams all hope for the best with the additions.

Do we call this the PG syndrome? All the moves they made last year seemed to disrupt the chemistry they did have, resulting in the 1st round exit.

lol, probably.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.